Please consider joining the Club’s Board of Directors. Currently the Board Consists of the following members: Tom Murphy, President; Dennis Palagi, Vice Prsident; Steve Ferguson, Treasurer; Keith Menasco, Secretary; Teresa McPhearson, Member at Large. Members are elected for a year term. The term ended December 31, 2021. Each of the Board’s members have graciously agreed to fill these positions in the event no one else volunteers to run for a position. An election will occur during the Club’s next General Meeting, January 19, 2022.
We are asking for members to step forward to volunteer to be a Board Member and to help lead this Club during 2022. This is every member’s opportunity to participate in the leadership of the Club. This can take the form of leading rides, serving on event committees, or serving on the Board. It really does not take much work or time and can be fun. In conjunction with our monthly Club meeting, we have a short business meetings as needed. The Board interacts, informally, with each other on ideas that come from club members to plan Club activities, such as the Christmas Dinner, Light Parade, Spring and Fall Flings, etc.
The duties for each position are as follows:
- The President shall oversee AAR activities and prepare the agenda for the monthly Board and General Meetings. He/she shall preside at all meetings of AAR. The President shall address all issues brought before the Board and work with the Board to find a solution in the best interests of AAR and its membership.
- The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President.
- The Secretary shall keep an accurate record in the form of minutes for all meetings.
- The Treasurer shall keep an accurate record of all monies and expenses.
- The Member at Large is to interact with club members and will attend all board meetings.
Please consider serving on the Board. Anyone elected will automatically have the support of all previous officers. If you would like to step up to help lead our Club please let Tom or I know by contacting us through our personal email as follows:
Tom Murphy: [email protected]
Keith Menasco: [email protected]