We are pleased and excited to announce a community service project available to all our club members, where we will be helping with a cleanup in Wickenburg’s version of Box Canyon. After the Clean Up, we will have the opportunity to ride and explore the area.
If you haven’t been to the area, it is an Off Road paradise with beautiful canyons, mountains and desert. We have many users, including horse riders, hikers, and some mountain bikers (although the cactus tends to “make them mad”!!).
All cleanups start at 8 am sharp at the BLM Parking lot, overlooking the Hassayampa River. The directions are provided below.
What will be provided for our use:
1. Grab sticks, bags and buckets, latex gloves, vests (this identifies you as working for Wickenburg Clean and Beautiful
2. A dumpster that you can put the trash when you come back to the parking lot.
3. Pictures of your group that will go into the local newspaper and our facebook site along with a short description of your group
4. The name of your group at the parking lot site
5. Hopefully donuts or other “healthy or not” type food!!!
6. And Lastly, after the clean up your group can explore more of our surrounding areas!
Directions: The BLM site is at the end of Rincon Road which is slightly north of Wickenburg on highway 93.
From Surprise: Take highway 60 to Wickenburg. When you come to first roundabout, stay to the right which takes you north towards Las Vegas/Kingman and highway 93. You will shortly come to a second roundabout and a short distance beyond, going north is Rincon road on the right. Turn off onto Rincon and stay on Rincon till you come to the end. You will cross the Hassayampa River twice. It’s about ¼ mile past the second crossing. GPS: BLM Parking <—Click this link for Google Map
There is lots of parking available.
There will be signs on Rincon that will direct you.
Our host will watch the river to see if its running, as she lives on Rincon Road. She will notify us the night before if the cleanup is cancelled due to weather or the river is running.
We will post the following dates below inside our Events Calendar WebPage, for our members to sign up and join us for this wonderful Civic Opportunity for our Club. We need a minimum of 5 members at each Event.
1. Oct. 23, 2021 at 8 -11 AM – Tom Murphy, Coordinator
2. February 26, 2022 at 8 -11 AM – David Quine, Coordinator
3. Apr. 23, 2022 at 8 -11 AM – David Quine, Coordinator
4. May 28, 2022 at 7-10 AM – David Quine, Coordinator
Thank you so much and see you at the clean up site!
Tom Murphy and David Quine